Blog Archive

Tuesday 6 March 2007

Whitewater Rafting

Nici, unfortunately had a stomach bug today ... but I went Whitewater rafting, wohoo! Never thought it would be so much fun. Because it's the dry season the water level was quite low, so we were bouncing and diving and curling in and around all sorts of rocks. Great craic! Our skipper said that during the wet season when the flow is much stronger someone falls out and a raft turns over at least once a day. There was four of us in our raft - myself, the skipper and two people from Liverpool - and we did have a few hairy moments. That's my "single whitewater rafting" on my travel insurance used up :-). Supposedy this is some of the best whitewater in Thailand - this stretch of the Mae Tang river (which becomes the Mae Ping river by the time it reaches Chang Mai.).

Unfortunately, I've no photos, forgot my camera :-(

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites