Blog Archive

Tuesday 6 March 2007

Thai Food

The Thai food here is great, although they do eat a lot of eggs which I'm starting to get sick of having for breakfast now.

I went on a one day Thai cookery course while in Chang Mai. Supposedly it's one of the best parts of the country to learn to cook.

From Thailand Photos


Well worth it. Cooked seven really tasty dishes throughout the day. I'd never cooked with ingredients like coconut milk or coconut cream before. Did a really a really cool trick where you set the wok on fire to sear the onions. Did a little bit of fruit carving too as well as making dessert using sticky rice. They give you a recipe book to take away too ... that's one thing I think I'll use when I get home. ... Did I say Thai food is really, really tasty already? :-)

In the morning we all took a trip around a Thai market and learned about all the different Thai ingredients and last but not least we made curry past from scratch at the end of the day - Tah Dah!

From Thailand Photos

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites